An exciting new diagnostic company based on a next-generation CRISPR and synthetic biology technology platform is seeking an outstanding scientist to work as part of a creative team dedicated to feature development and expansion of a leading molecular diagnostic technology platform. The successful candidate will contribute to driving the technology forward through innovations that will boost overall performance and robustness of the company’s CRISPR diagnostic platform.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience designing, developing, testing, implementing, and supporting molecular diagnostics assay workflows in a research or industrial environment. Experience working on diagnostics, in particular platform technologies, on cross-functional teams with success translating developments into product features is highly valued. Successful candidates will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through a highly innovative CRISPR- based platform for molecular diagnostics.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Provides substantial, high-quality contributions to projects by working independently and leveraging the active support of others
- Independently identifies and utilizes relevant internal documentation and external publications to optimize procedures and processes
- Proactively and effectively interacts with counterparts across one or more departments to support achievement of project goals
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills for addressing technical issues during assay development
- Helps to design effective protocols to rapidly improve overall diagnostic performance
- Develops methods to translate platform improvements into solutions for IVD products that can be scaled for manufacturing
- Performs molecular laboratory methods including nucleic acid extraction, reverse transcription, quantitative PCR, and various other molecular diagnostic technologies.
- Master’s degree (+1 year relevant experience) or Bachelor’s degree (+3 years relevant experience) in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, or a closely-related discipline is required; PhD preferred
- Experience with optimizing molecular diagnostics techniques
- Experience with data analysis, maintenance of data quality and technical troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to cross-functional process development, improvement, and troubleshooting teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated track record of successful communication with internal teams and managers
- A track record of successfully completing assignments and meeting goals within aggressive timelines
- Knowledge of statistical process control charts and data interpretation
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.