AbSci, a growth stage synthetic biology company located in a new, state-of-the art laboratory in downtown Vancouver, WA, just across the river from Portland, OR. AbSci is a global leader and innovator of revolutionary biomanufacturing technologies, designing and programming cells for next-generation biopharmaceuticals. Our technology is the new gold standard in protein production, as it increases discovery throughput, accelerates development, reduces manufacturing costs, and increases plant capacity for the biopharmaceutical industry.
The Senior Scientist will play a significant role developing scalable downstream processes for purification of biologic proteins, reporting to the Purification Group Leader. The candidate will be able to work with limited guidance to develop scalable, downstream protein purification processes in collaboration with industry partners. The Senior Scientist will exhibit a strong sense of ownership, work well as part of a dynamic team in a high-performance culture, and adapt to ever-changing opportunities.
· Design & execute robust, high-yield, and scaleable downstream processes that anticipate the demands of our partners
· Identify key project challenges, effect creative solutions to advance project timelines, evaluate & integrate state-of-the-art technology to assess process & product quality, and display high level of scientific initiative
· Capitalize on unique advantages of the SoluPro host strain to innovate patentable process development and characterization technologies
· Integrate high-throughput, continuous, and automated solutions into downstream processing
· Provide technical mentorship to junior team members
· This position may include supervisory responsibilities
· Passion for building a creative company culture that is collaborative, multidisciplinary, and determined to make a transformative impact to our industry
· PhD in Life Sciences or related scientific discipline with 4+ years of industry experience in process development
· Industry expertise in downstream process development and tech transfer for biologics
· Extensive experience using standard analytical techniques to assess process purity, performance, and clearance of process- & product-related impurities
· Proven expertise in statistical data analysis and Design of Experiment (DoE) as applied in an industrial biopharmaceutical environment
· Ability to investigate and develop new processes and technologies for project advancement
· Hands-on experience establishing high-throughput workflows and analyzing complex data sets
· Proficiency with PAT and continuous bioprocessing operations a plus
· Demonstrated track record of cross functionality to enable teams to exceed goals
· Analytical, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and adaptable
AbSci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) with a generous company match.