Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist located in Pleasanton, CA.
As a Scientist in the Enzyme Engineering group at Inscripta, you will be part of a diverse team of molecular biologists and biochemists responsible for discovering and improving the genome editing enzymes at the heart of Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platforms. Inscripta leverages high throughput biology and directed evolution approaches to develop these enzyme systems. The ideal candidate will have experience developing screens and selections and applying them to improve enzymes or cell phenotypes.
- Develop high-throughput assays and selections for genome edited cell phenotypes in microbial and mammalian cells
- Operate HTP screens leveraging lab automation and HTP biology tools
- Build and manage a data pipeline to track experimental samples and draw statistically significant conclusions from large data sets
- Work closely with other team members to make data driven decisions about enzyme engineering projects
- For Scientist: Ph.D. in a life sciences related discipline
- For the right candidate this role may be filled as a Senior Research Associate, which requires a BSc. and 3-5 years of industry experience
- Experience developing assays for cellular phenotypic traits including high-throughput screens and selections
- Experience with molecular biology tools including cloning, DNA purification and sequencing
- Experience with laboratory automation is desirable but not a requirement
- Hands-on Experience working with various cell types including mammalian cell culture
- Ability to analyze large data sets using scripting tools such as Matlab and Python
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton location.