Founded by two MIT scientists, CATALOG is the first company to have developed a solution to make DNA data storage commercially viable. The world currently faces a looming data storage problem, which DNA may hold the answer to. CATALOG’s DNA data storage solution is more reliable, sustainable, and transferable than conventional data storage methods, and could fit the world’s data into a coat closet. The company is based in Boston, MA.
This Boston-based position is for a PhD-level scientist with deep experience in synthetic biology. Candidate’s experiences and skill sets will be considered when finalizing the scope of responsibilities and position title. Experience with NGS or nanopore sequencing a bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Upholding an almost mythical standard of experimental design, documentation, and execution to get the job done!
- Leading projects that will build our company’s capabilities to make DNA data storage a reality now.
- Joining a diverse and inclusive team that appreciates one another’s quirks and idiosyncrasies while working our butts off.
- Engaging with hardware and software engineers, biologists, and chemists to solve crazy hard problems with novel solutions.
- Providing pithy and poignant guidance to other researchers based on your own observations and previous experience.
A career at CATALOG will challenge you to work independently, think critically, and conquer new problems in an unexplored and groundbreaking field. If you are interested in joining us as we pioneer the future of digital data storage, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.