- Prepare and analyze physical property of liquid/solid formulations for DOE study, stability study or scale up manufacture.
- Support sample preparation for LC-MS and RP-HPLC, which may involve multi-step cleanup techniques.
- Perform Moisture content analysis and particle size testing for powder formulation.
- Evaluate various formulations using different physical characterization techniques, such as viscosity, contact angle, and Scan Electron Microscope (SEM) characterization, in order to assist in determining the optimum formulation for our product.
- Lead by example, champion Geltor, and uphold company values
- Ph.D. (2-5 years) or BS (12-17 years) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Analytical Chemistry or related fields in industry working with proteins and peptides.
- Knowledge of HPLC techniques such as RP and SEC chromatography.
- Desire to lean new technologies and explore new ideas
- Familiar with cGMP and GLP requirements.
- Ownership of the writing of development reports and test methods.
- Ability to mentor more junior team members
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and complete high quality projects amidst tight timelines and competing deadlines; exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a variety of audiences
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- This position may require up to 10-20% travel to various CMO locations on as needed bases
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor’s mission
- Experience in various modern physical characterization disciplines, applicable to powder and solution formulation.
- Proficient in the development and optimization of physical characterization assays, as well as method qualification, method transfer to CROs.
- Proficient with HPLC software such as ChemStation or Empower is a plus
- Proficiency with BCA, is a plus