Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world’s most renowned research institutes.
- Lead consultation and technical demonstration during pre-sales account engagements.
- Develop deep knowledge of customers scientific workflow and data management; provide solutions consulting with excellent software knowledge and strong scientific insights.
- Gather voice-of-customer including lab configuration, user habits and data requirements, and evangelize internally for customers to influence the product innovation.
- Collaborate with account executives to develop business relationships with accounts and drive adoption increase.
- Participate in field marketing events and customer social activities.
- Master’s degree in life sciences or engineering, Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience with LIMS, ELN, or relevant scientific/informatics data management software preferred.
- Sophisticated customer facing skills, strong communication skills, and excellent consulting skills. Ability to empathize with a wide range of life sciences industry stakeholders including scientists, project leads and executives.
- Excellent information organizing skills; ability to accurately capture customer’s requirements and summarize into implementable directions.
- Previous pre-sales experience in life sciences industry, as Field Application Scientist or Solutions Consultant preferred.
- Highly self-motivated with can-do mentality; ability to work independently, as well as part of a larger team.
- Ability to travel at and above 50%.