Conagen is an accomplished biotechnology company located in the greater Boston biotech corridor. We innovate and develop synthetic biology solutions for supporting global partners across a spectrum of current and developing markets. From our proprietary strain development to fermentation and process scale-up, Conagen impacts partners’ abilities to sell and market products in the food, nutrition, flavor and fragrance, pharmaceutical, and renewable materials industries. Our bio-manufacturing capabilities, coupled with extensive platforms of enzymes and microorganisms, gives us the edge in commercial biotechnology. Nature is our inspiration for designing metabolic pathways, improving production organisms, and optimizing production processes. To scale the development of organisms for our partners, we factor in the importance of time and efficiency by leveraging our advanced laboratory robotics and automation. Our discovery and development methods foster sustainability and improve efficiency—from lab to world scale.
Plant biology ignited the spark for the creation of Conagen. Today, our bioengineering teams are experts in enzymatic bioconversion and fermentation technology. Nature is our guide for innovating ways to produce natural products and materials. This approach gets us to market faster with better products made competitively and sustainably.
We are looking for a Scientific Innovation Officer to join our team. This person would aid in improving and amplifying the public presence of Conagen. The perfect candidate would be a people person with a strong science background. They would be a face to the company and needs to have strong scientific writing and presentation skills. This position would additionally be responsible for managing grant applications and tech scouting.
- Identify, network with and interact with potential collaborators
- Analyze trends, look at emerging opportunities and make recommendations to keep the company in the forefront
- Manage grant applications
- Give scientific presentations including presentations at industry conferences
- Work with the company’s PR team to improve and maintain the company’s public presence
- Assist and represent the company at trade shows and conferences world-wide Required Education and Experience
- PhD in related field.
- Strong scientific writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in technology scouting.
- Familiarity in grant writing and application.
- Experience in same or similar role preferred.
Conagen is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Conagen Inc. 781.271.1588 · 15 DeAngelo Drive, Bedford, MA 01730 · https://conagen.com/