Arbor Biosciences is a dynamic biotech company located in Ann Arbor, MI focused on delivering cost-effective research tools to the molecular and synthetic biology communities. We pride ourselves on operating in a collaborative manner with our clients to deliver novel and custom solutions for their unique applications. We are a rapidly growing organization with excellent opportunities for career development.
Arbor Biosciences is seeking a creative and highly-skilled expert in protein biochemistry to join our synthetic biology R&D team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in the continued leverage of our synthetic biology portfolio. In this position, she/he will be responsible for the following activities:
- Identifying and evaluating new applications for existing products
- Developing and exploring new innovative product areas
- Closely communicating with product managers and the manufacturing team for efficient data exchange and implementing new processes
- Working with and training associate scientist and technicians to develop, optimize and perform laboratory SOPs related to microbiology, molecular biology and biochemistry
- PhD degree (or Master’s with equivalent job experience) in biochemistry,
biotechnology or related field
- Extensive benchwork experience in bacterial cell cultivation and recombinant protein production
- Deep understanding of protein purification and analysis methods
- Excellent communication of scientific findings
- Strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged
- Experience with cell-free expression platforms
- Knowledge in mammalian cell culture
- Familiar with array technologies and microfluidics
- Experienced leading independent research projects
At least one professional and/or academic reference is required and will be contacted.
Arbor Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3 years in (protein) biochemistry, biotechnology or related fields
Education: Master’s or higher
Required work authorization: United States
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a pdf document via email to email@example.com. Positions and applications will not be discussed over the phone.