Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow to generate a multiplexed, trackable edited cell population at unprecedented scales. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists with this platform to improve research capacity and push the boundaries of biological engineering to new horizons. Due to rapid growth, Inscripta has an opening for a Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate in the Applications Development team located in Boulder, Colorado.
As a member of the Applications Development team, the Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate will be an internal customer of Inscripta’s Onyx platform, applying our digital genome engineering capabilities to tackle cutting edge research in E. coli and other microbes. We are seeking a diverse candidate to work in a collaborative group to apply principles of forward engineering and genome discovery across a variety of microbial strains. The Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate will work closely with internal and external collaborators on cross-functional teams to generate high-quality data across multiple projects.
- Work to design, build, and test genome engineering applications across multiple microbial strains, demonstrating the power of Inscripta’s technology.
- Collaborate with industry and academic partners to aid in developing their experimental systems.
- Execute on designed experiments for data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation.
- Organize generated strain pools and experimental data.
- Provide workflow feedback and voice of customer to guide the product development team.
- B.S./B.A. or M.S. in genetics, microbiology, molecular biology, or related field is required.
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- High level of organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Ability to closely follow protocols with a commitment to improve process and efficiency.
- Experience in microbiological techniques including pipetting, PCR, and cloning is preferred.
- Experience with microbial genetics and cell biology is preferred.
- Experience with NGS and/or laboratory automation is preferred.
- Familiarity with data analysis, visualization, and interpretation.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds. We believe that we have a responsibility to recruit, retain, and develop a diverse and talented staff. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder, CO location.