AbSci is a growth stage synthetic biology company located in a new, state-of-the art laboratory in downtown Vancouver, WA, just across the river from Portland, OR. AbSci is a global leader and innovator of revolutionary biomanufacturing technologies, designing and programming cells for production of next-generation biopharmaceuticals. Our Protein Printing™ technology results in dramatic reductions in the cost of producing biologics, acceleration of drug discovery timelines, and enables the production of previously difficult or impossible-to-produce molecules.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, under direction of the Molecular Sciences team, will support innovative experimental research that advances AbSci’s proprietary E. coli SoluPro® expression platform. Primary responsibilities include providing core support to ongoing DNA construction, strain engineering, and NGS sequencing activities. The ideal candidate will demonstrate rapid mastery of assigned tasks and the capacity to take on additional technical responsibilities within an expanding team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or a related discipline
- 1-2 years of research experience with Master’s degree or 3-5 years with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant laboratory setting (industry experience is strongly preferred)
- Experience in general molecular biology techniques including DNA construct design, PCR, molecular cloning, plasmid extraction, and DNA sequencing.
- Familiarity with multiple DNA cloning methods such as Gibson and Golden Gate assembly techniques as well as bacterial strain engineering.
- Prior experience with Illumina NGS sequencing platforms and data analysis is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team
- Consistently demonstrates initiative and follow-through in projects and tasks
- Passionate about scientific advancement with strong commitment to excellence
- Desire to build a gritty and creative company culture that is collaborative, multidisciplinary, and determined to make a transformative impact to our industry
AbSci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) with a generous company match.