Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate located in Boulder, Colorado.
As a member of the Applications Development team, the Research Associate/Senior Research Associate will be an internal customer of Inscripta’s Onyx platform, applying our digital genome engineering capabilities to tackle cutting edge research in microbial organisms like E. coli, S. cerevisiae. We are seeking a diverse candidate to work in a collaborative group and execute experiments across a range of projects tackling functional genomics and forward engineering. The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate will work closely with internal and external collaborators on cross-functional teams to generate high-quality data at the cutting edge of CRISPR editing.
- Work to design, build, and test genome engineering applications across multiple microbial strains, demonstrating the power of Inscripta’s technology.
- Collaborate with industry and academic partners to aid in developing their experimental systems.
- Execute on designed experiments for data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation.
- Organize generated strain pools and experimental data.
- Provide workflow feedback and voice of customer to guide the product development team.
- B.S./B.A. or M.S. in genetics, microbiology, molecular biology, or related field is required.
- For the Senior Research Associate level, candidates would possess 2 years of related industry work experience.
- High level of organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Ability to closely follow protocols with a commitment to improve process and efficiency.
- Experience in microbiological techniques including pipetting, PCR, and cloning is preferred.
- Experience with microbial genetics and cell biology is preferred.
- Experience with NGS and/or laboratory automation is a plus.
- Familiarity with data analysis, visualization, and interpretation.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $40,000 to $70,000 per year. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder, CO location.