Indee Labs is a seed-stage company backed by IndieBio/SOV, Y Combinator, Social Capital, Main Sequence Venture (Australia), Founders Fund’s FF Science and Axial. The team at Indee Labs is developing scalable hardware for gene delivery based on microfluidic vortex shedding (µVS).
µVS promises to accelerate the development and manufacture of ‘Engineered Cells’ like chimeric antigen receptor T cells (CAR-T). CAR-T and other Engineered Cells represent some of the most promising therapeutic platforms for patients with advanced disease (i.e. cancer and autoimmune disorders). Despite the demonstrated clinical success and commercial launch of CAR-T, the challenges associated with manufacturing CAR-T (i.e. cost, time, and scale) prevents patients in need from accessing these life-saving Engineered Cells.
We are seeking a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate – Immunology to join the team full time to accelerate the development of our gene delivery platform in our Berkeley office. Indee Labs is headquartered in Berkeley, CA with satellite offices in Sydney, Australia and Adelaide, Australia. This position will be located in Berkeley, CA and occasional work travel between sites may be required.
If you are interested in the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out this form (tinyurl.com/y24azydp).
- Generate CAR-T cells via µVS and electroporation
- Design, execute and analyze experiments independently and with other scientists
- Communicate experimental plans, data, and progress proactively with a global team
- Contribute to data analysis, writing and peer-reviewed publication of results
- Bachelors with 3 to 5 years experience or Masters with 1 to 3 years experience
- Experience in cell culture of primary human cells and cell lines
- Experience with common immunological lab techniques and methods, such as: functional in vitro and ex vivo immune cell assays, immunoprofiling by flow cytometry, cytokine secretion assays
- Experience with flow cytometry/FACS and data analysis software (ie. FlowJo, Excel, GraphPad Prism)
- Project management experience
- Interest in or experience with microfluidics
- Demonstrated research (i.e. publications & patents) track record
- Primary immune cell transfection and transduction
- Ability to work independently as well as lead others and manage a small lab
- Comfortable creating powerpoint presentations and presenting data
- An opportunity to develop game-changing tools for CAR-T development and manufacturing
- Exposure to experts and colleagues in the field of immunology and related fields around the world
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a team dedicated to personal and scientific growth
- Highly competitive compensation (salary, equity and benefits) plus growth opportunities
- Monthly team building during the work week involving activities like hanging out in the park, go-karting, virtual reality zombie killing and more!
About Indee Labs
Indee Labs is developing scalable hardware for intracellular delivery using microfluidic vortex shedding (µVS). The Indee Labs team has already demonstrated revolutionary improvements over existing intracellular delivery methods including scalability, high yield (i.e. recovery, viability and efficiency), negligible T-cell perturbation along with rapid processing of research-, clinical- and commercial-scale samples with a simple workflow and a small footprint.
These promising early results have led to various forms of seed-stage support in both Australia (i.e. Australian National Fabrication Facility, Defense Science and Technology, NSW Health, Cicada Innovations, Jobs for NSW, AusTrade San Francisco Landing Pad, AusIndustry, Main Sequence Ventures, MTP Connect BioMedTech Horizons, Australian Research Council IDEAL Hub and NSW Health Medical Device Fund) and the United States (i.e. Obama’s White House Cancer Moonshot Task Force, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Air Force Research Laboratory, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, QB3, IndieBio/SOSV, Y Combinator, Social Capital, Founders Funds’ FF Science, and Axial). More information is available at indeelabs.com.