Codexis is currently searching for Research Assistant with expertise in Molecular Biology.
Codexis, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDXS) is a protein engineering industry leader with successful track record of developing novel enzymes used as biocatalysts for the commercial production of small molecule pharmaceuticals, diagnostic tools, chemicals used in the food industry, as well as multiple other applications. Codexis has also applied its CodeEvolver technology platform to discover and develop novel biotherapeutics for the treatment of rare genetic disorders, among other indications with significant unmet medical need.
- Construction of gene libraries and expression vectors.
- Characterization of gene variants.
- Primer design.
- DNA isolation.
- DNA sequencing.
- Cloning of genes and genetic pathways.
- Recombinant protein expression.
- Perform and troubleshoot experiments involving use of PCR, cloning, transformation in HTP format.
- Work with project teams to provide support and assistance to all phases of directed evolution projects, contribute to team presentations and written reports.
- Order chemicals and stock consumables.
- Maintain a safe and efficient work place, follow safe lab practices and organize lab environment.
Required/Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Molecular Biology or related field.
- Experience or understanding of PCR and recombinant protein expression is desired. Understanding of directed evolution and next generation sequencing technologies is beneficial.
- Ability to validate and troubleshoot protocols under guidance.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task.
- Must be able to work and communicate well within project teams.
- Must be motivated and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Must be flexible, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, as well as presentation skills.
The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid company holidays, paid time off, health benefits, 401k match, and much more. For more information about our plans for the future, and to be considered for this career opportunity, please visit www.codexis.com.