Research Assistant/Associate, Process Development
Codexis, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDXS) is a protein engineering industry leader with successful track record of developing novel enzymes used as biocatalysts for the commercial production of small molecule pharmaceuticals, diagnostic tools, chemicals used in the food industry, as well as multiple other applications. Codexis has also applied its CodeEvolver technology platform to discover and develop novel biotherapeutics for the treatment of rare genetic disorders, among other indications with significant unmet medical need.
The Process Development Research Assistant/Associate will be responsible for the development of scalable /economical protein purification processes. The ideal candidate will have experience with the optimization of enzyme recovery/purification processes.
- Perform protein recovery experiments using unit operations such as homogenization, centrifugation, depth filtration, microfiltration, and ultrafiltration.
- Analyze processing samples, using biological, biochemical, and analytical chemistry assay techniques.
- Communicate results of experiments to the Project team
- Participate in daily operation and routine maintenance/housekeeping of process and analytical equipment.
- Maintain a clean, organized and tidy lab environment. Chemicals and consumables stocking, etc.
- Maintain lab notebooks, write reports and SOPs.
- University degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years experience in development of industrial enzyme recovery and purification processes.
- Experience with DSP unit operations such as homogenization, centrifugation, depth filtration, microfiltration, and ultrafiltration.
- Strong Biochemistry and Analytical Chemistry skills with experience in various assay techniques such as HPLC, enzyme activity assays, protein assays, etc.
- Experience with pilot-scale DSP equipment is desired.
- Experience with lyophilization process development would be a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, documentation, organization, good record keeping, writing reports and SOPs.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task and remain flexible with changing needs.
- Must be motivated and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail, safety and good laboratory practice.