Codexis seeks a highly motivated researcher to join the Biotherapeutics Lead Discovery group to support our efforts to engineer novel biotherapeutic proteins.
We are looking for a scientific researcher proficient in protein biochemistry and analytical methods development. Successful candidates will be part of an interdisciplinary, dynamic and enthusiastic biotherapeutics discovery team responsible for implementing Codexis’ core technologies and delivering candidate biologics.
- In collaboration with cross-functional project team members, perform high-throughput (HTP) screening campaigns to support directed evolution of next-generation biotherapeutics
- Express recombinant protein variants in E. coli or mammalian cells for in vitro profiling
- Execute and troubleshoot assay protocols for protein characterization (e.g., biochemical, enzyme activity, and cell-based assays). Adapt assays for HTP screening.
- Actively participate in project teams, present research updates, and collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Maintain a safe and efficient workplace, follow safe lab practices, keep diligent records, and write reports and SOPs as needed.
- BS or MS with 0-6 years of relevant experience in Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Bioengineering, or related field; industry experience preferred. Level of hiring will be based on the candidate’s experience and capabilities.
- Strong background in protein biochemistry including hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: enzyme kinetics, protein characterization, directed evolution, and analytical biochemistry.
- Experience characterizing therapeutic proteins by analytical methods, ELISA, cell-based assays, high-content imaging, or related techniques is highly desired.
- Familiarity with mammalian cell culture and sterile techniques preferred.
- Interest or experience in high-throughput screening and laboratory automation.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and able to work under tight timelines in a collaborative team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid company holidays, paid time off, health benefits, 401k match, and much more. For more information about our plans for the future, and to be considered for this career opportunity, please visit www.codexis.com.