Codexis seeks a highly motivated Research Assistant/Associate to join the Biochemistry Department.
We are looking for a Research Assistant/Associate interested in analytical method development and protein biochemistry. Successful candidates will be part of an interdisciplinary, dynamic and enthusiastic protein engineering team responsible for implementing Codexis’ core technologies and delivering commercially-relevant and highly-evolved proteins.
- Assist in developing relevant enzyme assays in HTP format
- Execute HTP screens to evaluate enzyme performance under application-relevant conditions
- Grow cultures, express proteins, and test enzyme activity in high throughput and in larger scales
- Analyze HTP samples in HPLC, UV-Vis Spectrophotometry, GC, LC-MS, or GC-MS to identify and quantify small-molecule products
- Manage large data sets and communicate results to a multidisciplinary team
- Maintain a safe and efficient workplace, follow safe lab practices and organize lab environment, order chemicals and stock consumables
- Keep diligent records and write reports and SOPs
- BS or MS Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- College biochemistry/chemistry internship desirable
- Knowledge and interest in protein biochemistry and enzymology
- Knowledge of recombinant expression in bacteria. Familiarity with additional expression systems is desirable
- Good grasp of chemical principles and comfort with the use of organic chemicals
- Desire to learn analytical techniques
- Familiarity/ interest in learning to operate lab automation equipment (i.e.Biomek, Tecan and/or other liquid handling systems)
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task and remain flexible with changing needs
- Basic computer skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Excellent documentation, organization and record keeping skills
The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid company holidays, paid time off, health benefits, 401k match, and much more. For more information about our plans for the future, and to be considered for this career opportunity, please visit www.codexis.com.