Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
The Regional Business Manager, Libraries will report to the Director of Business Development for Libraries and Antibody Development Solutions and will lead regional activities to identify and facilitate opportunities to create and grow business partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and other related companies and academics in the implementation of Twist’s library technologies in the fields of antibody and protein engineering and antibody development solutions for the development of antibodies, non-antibody therapeutics and other engineered (non therapeutic) proteins.
The Regional Business Manager, Libraries will be responsible for establishing, developing and closing commercial contracts and agreements with customers, collaborators and partners for projects at the negotiation and development phases prior to commercialization agreements.
During the development phases, early commercialization and launch, the Regional Business Manager, Libraries will also be responsible for managing and maintaining commercial alliances with key internal Twist Pharma resources and management and external pharma/biotech partner stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prospect and generate leads of potential customers, collaborators and partners that will generate revenues from library sales and the commercialization of antibody development solutions
- Generate, drive and secure a continuous deal flow of library sales and antibody development solution contracts with collaborator and partner opportunities that will lead to high value commercial agreements, with an emphasis on agreements that cover antibody development services provided by Twist
- Provide support to the field and screen incoming partnership and licensing opportunities relative to libraries and value-added solutions
- Primary lead to solicit and pitch Twist capabilities, competencies and offerings (with support of Twist Pharma scientific resources) to strategically important potential new collaborators and partners
- Primary lead negotiation role to close library orders and establish collaboration and partnership contracts, conduct due diligence and drive deal process to execution of contracts and other related business agreements
- Support, maintain and grow current and newly entered customer relationships, collaborations and partnerships in an alliance management role to foster satisfied, customer focused development and/or commercial partnerships
- Lead the development of financial models, contracts and agreements to support the business case for new customers, collaborators and partners
- Collect and analyze market and financial data to establish and present compelling business cases for collaboration and partnerships
- With support of Twist Pharma manage and drive development of deal specific work plans by project and create key financial terms and budgets for new collaborations and partnership projects in collaboration with Twist Pharma, Corporate Business Development and Finance
- Develop market research to identify potential customers, collaborators and partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotech and related industry organizations and companies of a non-competitive business
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of all potential customer, collaborator and partnerships to maintain a healthy, growing and diversified revenue pipeline
- Understand and effectively engage a wide range of internal and external resources including Legal, IP, Finance, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Sales & Marketing, in order to develop and maintain effective customer related, collaborations and partnerships for libraries and antibody development solutions
- Travel 50% of time domestically, with some international meetings
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Advanced degree and/or at least 5 year’s experience within an antibody development or related scientific profession required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is useful
- Experience working in a sales, business development, licensing or commercial business role in the Therapeutic or Biopharma industry organization
- Demonstrated, extensive and successful track record of sales, partnering or licensing contracts within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably within the field of protein and/or antibody engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of business experience and success within other pharmaceutical/biotech/protein engineering segments
- In-depth knowledge and experience within the gene mutant library and antibody engineering space
- Working knowledge of antibody development
- Experience working in global environment is preferred
- Experience working in a corporate, global or regional sales and marketing role involving gene mutant library and/or antibody development products/services