Nuclera is a next-generation DNA synthesis company creating solutions for the synthetic biology, enzyme engineering, and pharmaceutical industries. Our enzyme-mediated DNA synthesis platform will enable the rapid and cost-effective production of highly accurate, ultra-long DNA products. We are building a benchtop synthesis instrument capable of making long-length variant DNA and genome libraries for protein, biological pathway, and ultimately genome-scale engineering.
We are seeking a protein scientist with significant experience in expressing and working with a range of protein targets. You will join the growing team developing our enzymatic DNA synthesis technology, based in the Cambridge Science Park. This role would suit a keen and enthusiastic, recently qualified MSc or PhD graduate who is energised by solving biological and biochemical problems. To thrive in this role you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, willing to take on responsibility, and excited to engage with the team to solve important challenges.
We are looking for a highly driven individual to:
- Play a key role in driving forwards the biochemical aspects of Nuclera’s technology
- Generate core protein components for our technology
- Troubleshoot protein expression and purification in bacterial expression systems
- Undertake rigorous QC analysis of generated proteins
To meet these challenges, the candidate will need to:
- Have a strong interest in synthetic biology and DNA synthesis
- Hold a MSc or Ph.D. in a relevant field with greater than 2 years of academic or industrial research experience
- Have experience with protein purification systems, such as AKTA systems
- Be familiar with analytical techniques, such as SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Efficiently perform molecular biology tasks, such as cloning Work closely with a multidisciplinary scientific team
Experience/knowledge in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Protein engineering
- Polymerase engineering