Cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Computational Biology, QC, Manufacturing, Marketing and Business Leadership to develop and validate reagents, consumables, and kits for the expansion of Codexis’ NGS and molecular diagnostics product portfolio.
Candidates must have a broad working knowledge of molecular biology and be able to apply that knowledge independently and creatively toward the development of novel workflows and products. Previous experience with product development as demonstrated by work on launched products is essential.
The Product Manager will have responsibility for managing successful RUO launches, providing marketing input, identifying key portfolio/feature gaps, and prioritizing feature requirements in support of products designed to accelerate genomic research. Working very closely with business leaders, technical project teams, customers, and marketing, the role will be involved in much of the technical and operational management of product development and commercialization projects within the Life Science business unit. The successful applicant will have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to execute and analyze highly complex experiments.
- Champion the Voice of Customer (VOC) and assist with the development of user needs pertaining to the development of the product.
- Develop technical materials describing product features and benefits for use in marketing literature, client meetings and other relevant market-facing channels.
- Provide input to marketing and business development team to support the development of marketing plans and of long and short-term marketing strategies.
- Liaise with marketing to keep campaigns client-relevant, on-time, and to build and execute new product launches.
- Drive successful relationships with key customers to ensure we understand emerging trends and successful adoption of new products.
- Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, the definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition.
- Develop one, three, and five-year product roadmaps.
- Leverage technical expertise and market feedback to bring new technologies and develop differentiated products that address the market’s unmet needs.
- Own the customer-driven process to define user workflow in different use settings and communicate this workflow for implementation.
- Use strategic and competitive intelligence to develop product vision, messaging, and competitive positioning.
- Stay up to date on market trends, industry relevant publications, and technical advances being pursued by industry competitors.
- Evaluate industry trends and developments including competitor, customer and market analysis to ensure Codexis addresses opportunities and threats in an effective way.
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements, and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Lead product definition teams, defining critical product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding business or financial justification with ROI.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting support during field testing.
- Help design studies for customers testing Codexis’ products; interpret data and incorporate customer feedback into optimization and development experiments.
Required Education and Skills
- M.S. in molecular biology, genetics, or related fields; MBA preferred but not required.
- 5+ years life science industry experience in product management, product marketing or related positions.
- In depth knowledge of molecular biology and analytical techniques including PCR, RT-qPCR, dPCR, molecular cloning, nucleic acid isolation and manipulation, and NGS sample preparation technologies.
- Experience with moving products from concept phase through commercial launch. Familiarity with gated commercialization process.
- Exceptionally strong collaboration and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand.
- Demonstrated competence with MS Office, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project required.
- Project management experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (<20%).
The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid company holidays, paid time off, health benefits, 401k match, and much more. For more information about our plans for the future, and to be considered for this career opportunity, please visit www.codexis.com.