DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script’s approach leverages nature’s billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a talented individual to join the nucleotide chemistry team as a Process Scale Up Chemical Engineer. The candidate will show his experience in process scale-up to develop a robust, sustainable and scalable route to ensure internal production of high-quality nucleoside triphosphates that are involved in our breakthrough enzymatic DNA synthesis technology. The position will report to the Core Nucleotide Chemistry Team Leader.
● Synthesis and purification of modified nucleosides and nucleoside triphosphates
● Process scale-up development and execution
● Protocol design, documentation and record keeping
Qualifications, experience and skills
● Masters or Engineering degree
● Minimum two years of industrial experience in scale-up of chemical products
● Process experience going from lab to large-scale production
● Profound knowledge in column chromatography purifications (reverse phase, ion exchange)
● Strong record keeping skills
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Team player, efficient interaction with internal team members as well as external partners
● Fluent English speaker
● Experience in the synthesis, purification and upscaling of nucleoside triphosphates
● Analytical characterization using NMR, HPLC, MS
● Expertise in nucleoside and nucleotide chemistry
● Experience with phosphoramidite chemistry
Job located 55 avenue de Fontainebleau, 94270 Kremlin Bicêtre
Start date: ASAP