Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Inscripta has an opening for a Process Development Summer Intern, located in San Diego, CA.
This paid internship will last a minimum of 10 weeks throughout the summer and will have full-time hours, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
We are looking for a self-driven and talented intern to join our Process Development and Technology Transfer team this summer. This individual will focus on implementing process improvements for consumables manufacturing at our San Diego, CA facility.
- Design, develop and execute experiments to justify technical decisions for consumables process improvements for products used during automated gene editing.
- Define technical and operational process requirements.
- Translate technical requirements to define and document manufacturing specifications and procedures.
- Analyze cost and throughput to justify the implementation of process improvements into manufacturing.
- Solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical problems at the interface of biology, chemistry, engineering, and materials science.
- Communicate plans, results, and impacts to extended team.
- Pursuing a B.S. in Bioengineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or Chemistry entering junior or senior year in fall 2021 or recent graduate.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques or Next Generation Sequencing is a plus.
- Experience with statistics including comparative analyses, DOE techniques, process capability, data visualization, and Statistical Process Control and are desired.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical challenges is required.
- Intermediate software programming, scripting, and lab automation skills is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Detail oriented, with a commitment to keep thorough, accurate experimental records.
Join us for the summer and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This internship is located in our San Diego, CA location.