Mango Materials is a start-up company working to produce environmentally friendly, biobased, biodegradable polymers from rapidly renewable resources. We are seeking a Polymer Technician to help with day-to-day polymer processing.
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment and are willing to work long and/or irregular hours. Candidates should be comfortable working independently, without direct supervision. Candidates should excel at multitasking and may be asked to help with varied tasks relating to all aspects of the business.
The overall mission of this position is to assist the Material Properties team with everyday processing and analytical tasks.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Completing polymer formulation runs
- Testing polymer processing conditions
- Analyzing samples
- Assisting research associates with their work
- Following protocols and recording data
- Maintaining cleanliness in the lab
- Performing laboratory and other company-related duties designated at the discretion of the supervisor
The ideal candidate has experience:
- Running research or laboratory equipment and machines
- Experience with polymers a plus
- Troubleshooting equipment with little direction
- Keeping an organized and detailed laboratory notebook
- Working with MS Word and Excel
The candidate must be:
- Organized and possess excellent attention to detail
- Capable of working on their feet all day long
- Fluent in English
- Flexible, proactive, punctual
- An excellent communicator
- A team player
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment
- Calm in potentially high-pressure situations
- Must have reliable transportation to Albany, CA area
To respond to this ad, please send an email to the link above. Please include a short (less than 100 word) cover letter addressed to Mango Materials. Please paste it into the body of the email and specifically mention why you would be great for this position. It is okay to still attach your standard cover letter and resume to the email. Also, please change the title of the email to, “2019 Polymer Technician for Mango Materials your-last-name”. After you have signed the email please add a “PS” with one or two sentences describing what you would ideally like out of this job. Please note, we will be reviewing resumes immediately.