Octarine is a synthetic biology company based in Copenhagen Denmark producing functionally superior cannabinoids using engineered microbes. We have developed in-cell enzymatic platforms capable of making precise, stereospecific, and functionally relevant modifications to cannabinoid molecules to enhance their therapeutic and pharmacokinetic activity, expanding the chemical diversity of cannabinoid molecules beyond what is available in nature in ways that are impossible or infeasible to achieve using chemical synthesis.
We’re looking for an experienced pharmacologist to assist us on a part time or consultancy basis. You will be tasked with advising the team on protocols to test the chemical and pharmacokinetic properties of our novel molecules, in particular to determine their functional superiority over natural cannabinoid molecules. Furthermore you will interpret the resulting datasets and provide advice on which to bring forward for further testing.
Ideally you will have experience in the following
– Designing and conducting a variety of in vitro and in vivo assays to test the functionality of small-molecules
– Experience in the drug-discovery process
– Knowledge of structure/function relationships in small-molecule drug design
– Knowledge of cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system
– Statistical analysis of resulting datasets and an ability to interpret results accurately
Candidates should ideally have industrial experience working in the drug discovery process.
Interested candidates should send a CV and motivation letter to APPLY HERE