LifeMine Therapeutics, Inc. is the first biotechnology company exploiting the unique ability of fungi to produce powerful drugs optimized through billions of years of evolution and deploying these molecules for the treatment of intractable human diseases via novel biological mechanisms. The company is using a genome mining and recombinant overexpression approach to mount a massive search for novel drugs through the fungal biosphere. With operations in Cambridge and Gloucester, Massachusetts, LifeMine brings a unique approach to its revolutionary scientific and medical mission.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated leader in bioinformatics and beyond to join our highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and rapidly growing Data Sciences department, reporting to the Chief Data Officer. You will lead and mentor bioinformatics scientists and research associates in the analysis of large-scale biological datasets, including whole genome DNA sequencing, whole transcriptome RNA-seq, proteomics, metabolomics, and more. There is an opportunity to broaden the scope of your impact by leading additional areas including protein modeling and/or new target discovery. To succeed, you will need intellectual curiosity, a focus on data-driven solutions, and a collaborative work ethic.
- Lead, manage, and grow a highly impactful bioinformatics group.
- Act as a champion and subject matter expert for bioinformatics.
- Develop scalable data processing and analysis pipelines for transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics datasets.
- Lead additional capabilities within the broader department, including protein modeling and/or new target discovery.
- Mentor and develop a team of scientists at different levels of experience.
- Collaborate proactively and effectively with other groups across Research.
- Follow the latest advances in the field, proactively evaluate new technologies and methods, and bring them in house where appropriate.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genetics, or related field
- 12+ years of experience post-Ph.D. including 8+ years in industry in positions of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated success in leading a team of talented scientists in a complex, multi-disciplinary research setting, including technical leadership and mentorship
- Deep technical expertise in the analysis of genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics datasets as well as their integration (multi-omics)
- Proficiency in Python, pipeline development, cloud computing environments, and modern scientific computing research best practices
- Knowledge of protein modeling and/or structure-based drug design a positive
- Proven track record in the form of publications, tools, products, data sets, presentations, etc.
- A sense of adventure and excitement to be part of the development of a new drug discovery paradigm