DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script’s approach leverages nature’s billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual interested in taking up a scientist role within the Development team. This is an ideal opportunity for an early career candidate with a passion for new technologies and excellent laboratory skills to gain cross-disciplinary R&D experience while testing new concepts and avenues of research where the aim is to control biochemical reactions occurring in parallel.
– Modification of solid supports
– Preparation of DNA microarrays
– Testing of new concepts linked to scientific and business objectives
– Analysis of experimental data
– Documentation and reporting of experimental findings
– Engagement in good laboratory practices
Qualifications and experience
– Masters or Engineering degree
– Minimum two years’ experience working at the interfaces of molecular biology, materials and chemistry R&D
– Ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent organisational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills
– Previous experience with liquid handlers and other types of devices for the manipulation or analysis of very low amounts of reagent
– Familiarity with image analysis, surface chemistry, electrochemistry, nanolithography, nanofabrication or microfluidics
Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
Start date: ASAP