DNA Script is a disruptive DNA synthesis company engineering biology to accelerate breakthroughs in life science and human health. That’s why we pioneered the SYNTAX EDS system, the world’s first benchtop DNA printer with ink powered by a revolutionary enzymatic technology.
With SYNTAX, labs are empowered to print their own custom oligos – a dramatically faster and environmentally-friendly alternative to today’s outsourced, chemical-based DNA synthesis and delivery model.
SYNTAX puts users in control of their workflows while giving them autonomy over their designs, yielding faster access to results. That means more time to unleash curiosity and solve tough problems. Great ideas should not have to wait for delivery.
We’re helping scientists get back to doing what they love. It starts with DNA on demand.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $100M of financing, mostly through leading investors such Casdin Capital, Agilent, Danaher, LSP, Bpifrance, Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, Idinvest.
DNA Script has its research facility headquartered in Paris, France and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco, California US.
Opportunity and Challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately impatient people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write”. We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our Next-Hour DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Communications Manager/Sr. Manager who can own the integration of our brand and product messaging in communications across all media. This manager will have a strong focus on digital marketing to develop and drive a digital content roadmap that maximizes the reach of our products & services and delivers on our growth expectations. Ideally, this manager would have experience leading and transforming organizations to be more digitally focused. This is a critical role on the Commercial team that requires collaboration with team members in Marketing, Sales, Product Development and senior management. We’re looking for the leader who can ensure the elements of our brand are embodied in all of the different ways that customers will interact with our products, goods and services in all forms of communications.
- Lead and develop go-to-market plans for new products introductions by ensuring the consistency messaging and positioning, and coordinate execution across digital channels, sales training, and tradeshows.
- Drive & execute marketing programs and campaigns to accelerate adoption of our platforms through strong partnerships with product management, applications, and sales.
- Develop, budget, monitor, and evaluate the success of campaigns for optimization and continued effectiveness; determine ROI.
- Formulate and drive digital strategy and content roadmap to transform and maximize reach, from ideation through execution and implementation.
- Proactively identify, execute, and refresh content strategies to generate awareness, demand generation and improved customer experience and conversion.
- Own and manage digital marketing assets; build a collateral portfolio for digital, virtual & print interactions.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Applications to develop and produce educational materials for market outreach & expansion.
- Own corporate messaging across all media channels.
- Have a passion for commercializing platforms that are at the leading-edge & accelerating innovation in life science.
- Experienced in global product launches or specific programs and campaigns to support corporate & commercial strategy.
- Have the drive and initiative to learn new skills and can demonstrate complete ownership of assigned marketing campaigns and programs.
- Creative thinker and can help establish new frontiers in how we communicate with prospects, customers, investors, be unafraid to re-draw the box, etc.
- Ability to convert complex technical concepts and product capabilities into crisp messages on benefits for the target audience in presentations & communication.
- Effectiveness in building relationships with key stakeholders necessary for collaboration at all levels and influence without authority. Gain alignment and achieve results by power of influence alone.
- BA/BS degree in marketing or equivalent preferably with background in Biological Sciences
- 5+ years of marketing experience in a similar position within the life science industry.
- Strong writing skills are required for this role, must demonstrate proven experience in writing digital content, technical writing, and/or copywriting.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present technical presentations in sales trainings, small groups and customers.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international.
- A Start-up mindset is strongly preferred.
- Experienced across the Marketing continuum.
- Understanding of the new product introduction and product lifecycle management processes.
- Account, vendor, or project management experience.
- Job location: South San Francisco, US or Paris, France.
- Requires travel among DNA Script corporate offices and client sites throughout US and Europe.
- Start date: Q4 2020