Ginkgo is a privately-held, high-growth biotech company in Boston’s Seaport District that is redesigning the living world to solve some of the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, material, and more. Our mission to “make biology easier to engineer” is poised to disrupt multiple industries by leveraging our innovative data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering. We are seeking a dynamic, passionate and collaborative individual to join our team to execute new business partnerships using the Ginkgo platform.
As the Manager for Commercial Strategy and Operations, you will work collaboratively with the Business Development and Corporate Development teams to build new operating companies, establishing their business theses and playing a key role in shaping their commercial strategy while making them operational. The role will transition to owning alliance management responsibilities for the new operating companies, and in this capacity you will be in charge of driving the strategy, tactical execution, account growth, and coordination of our diverse partnerships. This transversal role will require you to collaborate with multiple internal teams, including Finance, Creative, Legal, Commercial, Business Development, Corporate Development, and technical teams.
- Support commercial leadership team in shaping the commercial strategy across industries and applications
- Assess market landscape and develop business case in new market applications
- Collaborate with internal departments to develop best practices and efficiencies, streamlining the new operating company evaluation process
- Develop and own the P&L of the alliance created with the new operating company
- Explore and negotiate growth strategies for the alliance
- Propose, oversee, and track the progress of technical projects and their execution to ensure high quality deliverables
- Cultivate a healthy relationship between the partner and the Deployment, Legal, Finance, and technical teams at Ginkgo in order to achieve alliance objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships by facilitating information transfer between partners, and proactively resolve business, technical, and contractual issues
- Travel as necessary
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- Enthusiastic about being a part of Ginkgo’s mission
- Excited about developing and pitching new business opportunities
- Relevant experience overseeing and expanding partnerships is appreciated
- Interested in learning new topics quickly and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about collaboration and relationship-building, both internally and externally
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and have a keen ability to prioritize. Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing and coordinating small teams (3 to 7 people) for project execution is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience in biotechnology or related fields, (MBA and/or PhD a plus)
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.