We are looking for a Lab Automation Scientist to join our Information Systems & Software group, working in close conjunction with our Biochemistry group and other R&D teams. This is a full-time position, to which you would devote substantially all your professional effort. Our ideal candidate is one who can translate between R&D wet bench research and automated liquid handling development. This role requires an experienced candidate with a strong molecular biology background, strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated automated liquid handling experience. You would be primarily responsible for R&D and automation development activities but may also participate in other corporate matters.
- Working with R&D scientists to adapt benchtop protocols to automated systems and developing tasks to execute these protocols to meet key performance metrics
- Working in conjunction with scientific teams to execute automated workflows
- Working with software teams to integrate lab automation equipment into laboratory information management systems to track samples through complex workflows and capture data associated with the workflow processes
- Requirements gathering and documentation efforts in support of laboratory automation projects
- Aiding in the selection, procurement, installation, and validations of flexible laboratory automation systems which can be used in a high throughput laboratory environment
- Experience with molecular biology tools including cloning, DNA purification and sequencing
- 3+ years of work experience with automated liquid handling systems such as Tecan EVO/Fluent, Beckman Biomek FX/NX, Agilent Bravo, etc.
- Experience adapting benchtop protocols to automated systems
- Experience writing comprehensive bug reports using software bug/feature request tracking systems in a research/software/hardware development team environment
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
- MS or BS in Life Sciences or Engineering is preferred
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton, CA location.