Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world’s most renowned research institutes.
The Inside Sales team focuses on the most abundant and diverse set of customers, the small and often fastest-growing customers who are frequently doing the most innovative work. These are what we call the Emerging Market. They may be the Amgen’s and DuPont’s of tomorrow.
- Actively lead prospecting and demand generation across multiple segments of customers.
- Drive customers through close by thoughtfully addressing key stakeholders in the buyer journey while navigating organizational complexities.
- Lead prioritization and appropriate prioritization of sales efforts through the sales funnel.
- Proactively build and improve on the sales collateral, processes, and training of the sales organization.
- West Coast based (Ideally at our San Francisco HQ, or home-based in San Diego)
- Strongly passionate about the acceleration of life sciences research and the problems that Benchling is trying to solve.
- Degree in the Life Sciences preferred
- 2 or more years life science software sales closing experience, with experience selling SaaS solutions, preferred
- LIMS, ELN experience preferred
- Demonstrable history of consistently achieving or exceeding ambitious sales targets.
- Outstanding self-starter approach with the ability to be successful with very limited initial infrastructure.
- Curiosity, creativity, and persistence. You should be excited to collaborate with customers as a thought partner.
- Strong communication skills and the versatility to connect effectively with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, team project leads and executives in industry.