SGI-DNA is a pioneer in Synthetic Biology. We’ve created the world’s first fully automated double stranded DNA-Gene synthesis platform. It harnesses the power and precision of Gibson Assembly® to synthesize synthetic gene in a single overnight operation on the benchtop.
SGI-DNA is focused on the continual development of its flagship products aimed at addressing the needs of the global synthetic biology market and its targeted customer segments within Drug Discovery.
The Inside Sales Associate will report directly to the VP of Commercial Operations. In this highly customer facing role, a successful employee will continue to drive commercial sales by working directly with prospective and current customers. This person will enjoy working with people and provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support business development managers efforts by managing customer inquiries and providing guidance for products and services
- Provide technical support and effective solutions based on customer needs
- Prepare quotations and proposals for customers and field sales teams
- Track sales activity, close sales and achieve quarterly quotas with new and existing customers
- Build relationships with customers and prospects, grow existing and new customer accounts
- Communicate and define customer project requirements, provide support from initiation through delivery
- Coordinate with internal teams to support specific customer requests, applications and sales opportunities.
- Provide customer feedback to sales, marketing, and product management
- Troubleshoot, document, and resolve customer issues
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications
Educations and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology or related area
- 1-3 years of sales or customer service experience in biotech
- Lab experience with cloning and molecular biology techniques
- CRM system knowledge is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to comprehend scientific publications, follow protocols and troubleshoot with customers
- Self-starter, able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Enthusiastic, motivated and solutions oriented