SynBioBeta is a community hub that supports entrepreneurs, investors, and industry in the responsible development of commercial applications of synthetic biology. We facilitate networking, foster partnerships, educate, and provide a forum to discuss and accelerate the latest progress in the engineering of biology.
SynBioBeta strives to be the leading authority on commercial applications of synthetic biology. We aim to be the best platform for information sharing in the field through face-to-face and online interactions. We aim to create the best events, courses, and high-quality informative web content that is the most trusted source of news and analysis in the field.
We are looking for an experienced individual to make a commitment to our growing company and become part of our dynamic team. Your primary role will be to lead and manage our business development efforts and to foster long term relationships within the field of synthetic biology. In addition, you will be responsible for the sales of our conferences, courses, consulting services, membership program, and reports. This includes managing and/or obtaining event sponsorships, exhibits, and partnerships; website advertisements; website job postings; premium report sales; recruitment packages, and other SynBioBeta offerings.
- Create and manage a business development strategy, revenue and profitability targets, and implementation plan with key deliverable dates.
- Establish and deliver a sales strategy that drives vendors and sponsors to our conferences, website, courses, content, consulting services.
- Present our services to new and existing clients
- Identify new business opportunities, generate sales leads, negotiate and close deals.
- Coordinate and communicate business development initiatives and strategies.
- Work with our marketing team to develop and deliver marketing plans and strategies with deliverables and target dates with oversight in the development of marketing literature.
- Generate leads, qualify, and secure new business opportunities.
- Establish financial models: Monthly P&L updates and quarterly forecasting.
- Track and analyze sales results and drive plans to improve key business metrics.
- Maintain and grow senior-level customer relationships across multiple areas.
- The ultimate goal of this role is to continually generate a strong pipeline and keep the top end of the funnel full of qualified opportunities.
- Success in this position will be determined by the conversion rate of sales opportunities to realized business and ultimate revenue contribution.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of business development/sponsorship work experience preferably in the biotech industry and B2B
- Education: Advanced degree in business, with a strong background in science, preferably biotechnology.
- Proven, quantifiable sales record.
- Proficiency with CRM systems. Proficiency in Salesforce would be an advantage.
- Strong ability to gain access to the right people within a targeted client – a hunter in the sales field.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key decision-makers, needs, and areas of opportunity within a client.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in managing, growing, and building a team from the ground up.
- A strategic thinker with excellent critical thinking skills, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
- Strong negotiation and writing skills.
- Strong leadership skills in a matrix environment.
- A team player, possesses outstanding interpersonal skills, and has the ability to work independently.
- A positive attitude with a resourceful mindset.
- Existing network of sales contacts transferrable to the field of synthetic biology would be an advantage.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Kristin Sorrentino