Inscripta is developing the world’s first benchtop platform for scalable digital genome engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, consumables, software, and assays, offers a fully automated workflow that enables massively parallel, trackable editing of single cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7™ CRISPR nuclease free for research and development purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery.
The Global Product Manager – Onyx™ (GPM) is responsible for developing the product strategy for Inscripta’s Onyx™ gene-editing platform. The GPM is charged with defining the market opportunities, application sets and technical requirements needed to ensure Inscripta’s solution will drive significant disruption within the microbial genome editing market. Working in a highly collaborative fashion, the GPM sets the overall direction of product development in alignment with Inscripta’s strategic goals.
This role is responsible for product ideation, feature/requirement setting, voice of customer, technical content development, competitive analysis, and customer/market segmentation, through every facet of the solution’s lifecycle. The ideal candidate has a creative, solution-finding, entrepreneurial mindset with keen attention to detail and a deep passion for creating product solutions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Identify market opportunities which are enabled by Inscripta’s workflow that will ensure aggressively revenue grow and market share gains.
- Conduct in-depth analyses to definitively understand the needs and requirements of our target customer.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements.
- Champion the creation of technical documentation, application notes, user manuals, and related collateral.
- Analyze proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with product development, engineering and operations.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Assesses market competition and micro/macro events which may impact Inscripta’s development roadmap; developing contingencies to ensure market adoptions and share gains are achieved.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and
sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Work closely with the Product Development, Engineering and
- Operations teams to ensure products are delivered on time and with optimal resources.
- Drive product launches including working with product development, marketing, commercial operations, and other team members across the organization.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Represent the Inscripta by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Ensure market share gains by working with sales leadership to develop product sales strategies.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 8+ years of direct product management experience in the life sciences
- B.S. in a related science (an advanced degree is preferred)
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience with gene-editing technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player willing to take direction but also exhibit initiative when working independently.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with facilities in Pleasanton, CA and San Diego California. This position is located in our Boulder headquarters.