Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Firmware Engineer located in Boulder, CO, San Diego, or Pleasanton, CA. (This role can work out of any location, but Pleasanton or San Diego workers will travel regularly to Boulder, CO.)
- You get stuff done
- You work well with teams of engineers and scientists
- You write production quality tests and code
- You have a favorite state machine implementation
- You are good at interfacing with hardware
- You document
We need an experienced Firmware Engineer who can write instrument firmware using test driven development and state machines to organize the code. The code will run in an RTOS. You will write to an API that you and the SW engineer develop. You will work with an extremely talented team who are used to moving quickly. Experience in bio/genetic instrument NPI a plus. You must have taken at least one product from feasibility to shipment. Engineering or other technical background required.
We are designing, building and shipping extremely cool genetic engineering tools. Our Onyx Digital Genome Engineering technology manages, engineers and tracks individual cells, and holds the capability to produce industrially important molecules in new ways that are sustainable and economical. These new capabilities will support the advancement of a strong bio-based economy, across multiple industries, including natural products production, feed stocks, flavors and aromatics, building materials and plastics, fabrics, fuels, solvents, fundamental research, and therapeutics. Each experiment supported by Onyx produces thousands of new organisms with the potential to improve their utility as mini biological factories. Your efforts, combined with Inscripta’s, could lead the way to this Biology Revolution.
We have highly talented teams of engineers and scientists, plus outside firms to augment them where needed. We are a well-funded, pre-IPO startup that is growing fast.
We win awards:
- Write test specs and test code
- Design state machines
- Implement code to run under RTOS
- Document API and test results
- Help make sure code reviews happen and are documented
- Write python scripts for experiments and prototypes
- Develop FW coding standards
- Help with hardware specs and potentially design
- Degree in electrical engineering + at least 5 years of experience
- Shipped at least one instrument
- Significant experience using:
- Embedded system development
- At least one RTOS: eg. VXWorks, mbed, FreeRTOS*
- State machine framework
- FW test
- C coding standards, e.g., Barr Group, MISRA, etc.
- Use of source code control like git
- Motion control experience, e.g., state-space controller
- Cellular biology knowledge/education
- Linux/BSD experience
- Use of and coding for I2c devices
- CAN bus experience
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Circuit/PCBA design experience
- Working in a CI environment
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This role can work out of any location, but Pleasanton or San Diego workers will travel regularly to Boulder, CO.