San Francisco, CA • Commercial Operations, Customer Success Group
Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Field Applications Scientist (FAS), North America – West Coast located in the greater San Francisco area.
We are looking for an outstanding Field Applications Scientist to drive market adoption and ensure customer success using Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platform. This individual will provide premier applications support for our instrumentation, assays and software. The right candidate will leverage their experience in life science/genomics research to help match customer research goals to platform capabilities, and conduct training, installation, support and troubleshooting. They also will relay voice of customer feedback to Field Sales, Applications, and Marketing/Product Management to optimize the customer experience using our technology.
- Work with Field Sales representatives supporting their efforts to identify, develop and close high-value sales opportunities to meet/exceed revenue targets.
- Deliver exceptional technical pre-/post-sales applications support; educate the customer on the use of our unique technology to design novel experiments and maximize their research success.
- Understand the customer’s research requirements in order to position optimal Inscripta capabilities and solutions, thus building the scientific credibility of both the FAS and our technology platform.
- Coordinate with Sales, Applications Development, Marketing and Product Management to implement successful action plans that balance the needs of the customer, Sales, and internal departments.
- Persuasively deliver technical, customer-facing seminars covering a variety of scientific research topics, products, applications, and data related to Inscripta’s technology.
- Act as an internal customer advocate by communicating information between the customer, Sales, Marketing, PM, Applications and other departments related to product feedback, competitive intelligence, market trends, effectiveness of marketing/positioning, and tactics in the field.
- Build, engage and leverage a network of early access and KOL customers to drive awareness/reputation of our platform and deepen customer relationships with key scientific leaders.
- Practical research experience in one or more of the following areas: CRISPR-based genome editing, functional genomics, synthetic biology, metabolic engineering and/or high-throughput screening.
- Experience in the demonstration, installation, operation and troubleshooting of sophisticated, high-throughput instrument platforms. Previous field applications support experience is preferred.
- Experience in successful experimental design, interpretation, troubleshooting and optimization. Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require innovation and collaboration.
- Familiarity with/expertise using CRISPR design tools and/or genome sequence search/analysis software.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively deliver technical presentations, handle customer issues and work collaboratively to support the efforts of Field Sales.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field with 2+ years’ experience (post-doc or industrial); Master’s degree with 5+ years’ experience; Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years’ experience and exceptional qualifications.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly innovative, fast-paced startup environment, collaborating closely with other cross-functional and geographically-distributed teams.
- Avg. 30-40% overnight travel in the Western half of North America; this position can be based in/around any major West Coast city.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is a field based position based in/around the San Francisco area.