We are looking for outstanding Field Applications Scientist to drive market adoption and ensure customer success using Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platform. This individual will provide premier support for our instrumentation, consumables, software and assays. The FAS will leverage their experience in genome editing, next generation sequencing and NGS data analysis to match customer research goals to our platform’s capabilities, conduct training, project design and troubleshooting, and help drive the reorder cycle. They’ll also relay customer feedback to Field Sales, Applications, and Marketing to optimize the customer’s user experience.
- Deliver exceptional pre/post-sales applications support; educate customers on the use of our technology and help them conduct novel genome engineering projects to maximize their research success.
- Understand the customer’s research requirements to help them design, implement, analyze and interpret their experiments, thus building the scientific credibility of both the FAS and our technology.
- Work with Field Sales representatives, supporting their efforts to identify, develop and close high-value sales opportunities to meet/exceed revenue targets for hardware and consumables.
- Persuasively deliver technical, customer-facing seminars covering a variety of scientific research areas, applications, products and data related to Inscripta’s technology platform.
- Coordinate with Sales, Applications Development, Marketing and Product Management to implement successful strategies that balance the needs of the customer, Sales, and internal departments.
- Act as an internal customer advocate by communicating information between the customer, Sales, Marketing, Applications and other departments related to product feedback, competitive intelligence, market trends, and effectiveness of marketing, positioning, and field tactics.
- Build, engage and leverage a network of early access and KOL customers to drive the awareness and reputation of our platform and deepen customer relationships with key scientific leaders.
- Research and/or commercial experience in one or more of the following areas: CRISPR-based genome editing, next generation sequencing, synthetic biology, metabolic engineering and functional genomics.
- Familiarity with/expertise using CRISPR design tools and/or next generation sequence analysis software.
- Experience in the demonstration, installation, operation and troubleshooting of sophisticated, high-throughput instrument platforms. Previous field applications support experience is preferred.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field with 2+ years’ experience (post-doc or industrial); Master’s degree with 5+ years’ experience and exceptional qualifications.
- Experience in successful experimental design, interpretation, troubleshooting and optimization. Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require innovation and collaboration.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively deliver technical presentations, handle customer issues and work collaboratively to support the efforts of Field Sales.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly innovative, fast-paced startup environment, collaborating closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams.
- Avg. 30-40% overnight travel in the Western half of North America. This position will be based in or around the San Francisco area or any West Coast city near a major airport.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position can be based in or around the San Francisco area or any West Coast city near a major airport.