Octarine is a synthetic biology company based in Copenhagen Denmark producing functionally superior cannabinoids using engineered microbes. We have developed in-cell enzymatic platforms capable of making precise, stereospecific, and functionally relevant modifications to cannabinoid molecules to enhance their therapeutic and pharmacokinetic activity, expanding the chemical diversity of cannabinoid molecules beyond what is available in nature in ways that are impossible or infeasible to achieve using chemical synthesis.
We’re looking for a talented fermentation scientist to help scale up the production of our novel cannabinoid molecules. You will be tasked with setting up and optimizing lab-scale fermenters and will work alongside our metabolic engineers and chemists to implement a variety of different fermentation protocols to determine the most effective way to scale-up production. Furthermore you will use quantitative physiology to measure key physiological parameters of our engineered strains and use the resulting data to further optimize production.
We’re looking for a motivated and self-driven individual who ideally can independently perform as many of the following as possible;
– Set up and maintain lab-scale bioreactors
– Perform basic fermentation techniques e.g. batch, fed-batch
– Perform more complex fermentation techniques e.g. (semi) steady-state, 2-phase, retentostat, accelerostat
– Collect and analyze the data from fermentations and calculate physiological parameters
– Perform quantitative physiology experiments and collect and analyze the resulting data
– Perform in vivo and in vitro bioconversion experiments
– Design and implement scale-up protocols for larger volume fermentations
– Perform econometric modelling to optimize COGS
Candidates should ideally have a PhD in fermentation technology or a related field or equivalent industrial experience.
Interested candidates should send a CV and motivation letter to APPLY HERE