Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, and analytical Electrical Engineer II to help us advance science and improve lives faster, together.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and minituraize the most complex [genomic] protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and [combinatorial chemistry], in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
As an electrical engineer II, you will help design and implement the next generation in life science instruments. The candidate will report to the engineering manager and work in a diverse cross-functional team at the headquarters in San Francisco.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Bringup of PCBAs – circuit testing
- Automated data gathering
- Analysis and presentation of test results
- Documentation of test results
- Support existing prototypes
- Identify and perform necessary rework / modifications
- BSEE required, M.S. a plus
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Circuit design and analysis experience (Electronics)
- Circuit debugging experience
- Expertise with lab equipment (Oscilloscope, power supplies, function generator, multimeter, etc.)
- Experience with MATLAB (simulation, analysis, automation, plotting)
- Expert knowledge of soldering and other rework skills
- Knowledgeable component selection based on industry standards
- Signal processing and digital filtering knowledge a plus
- Altium proficiency (Library creation, schematic design, layout) a plus
- Medical/Laboratory device experience a plus
- Knowledge of international electrical safety standards (e.g. IEC 61010) a plus
- Design of schematic and layout experience is a plus