AbSci is a growth stage synthetic biology company located in a new, state-of-the art laboratory in downtown Vancouver, WA, just across the river from Portland, OR. AbSci is a global leader and innovator of revolutionary biomanufacturing technologies, designing and programming cells for next-generation biopharmaceuticals. Our Protein Printing™ technology results in dramatic reductions in the cost of producing biologics, acceleration of drug discovery timelines, and enables the production of previously difficult or impossible-to-produce molecules. Our technology is a new paradigm in protein production, as it increases discovery throughput, accelerates development, reduces manufacturing costs, and increases plant capacity for the biopharmaceutical industry.
We’re seeking a Business Development executive in biotech to play a leadership role in developing and expanding our growth and value creation opportunities including partnerships, alliances, out-licensing deals and other collaborations. This role will report to the VP, Business Development and work in close partnership with the CEO and other Executives at AbSci. The candidate will play a key role in prospecting, sourcing, evaluating, structuring and negotiating deals in line with the company’s business development.
- Identify and build a robust business pipeline of target companies producing next-generation biologics with potential to benefit from SoluPro™, AbSci’s all-in-one protein expression platform.
- Lead business development efforts and execution in the identification, diligence, evaluation and development of partnership, and IP licensing.
- Sourcing and closing Technology Development and Licensing Agreements (TDLA) for joint development and licensing partnerships.
- Articulate and communicate the vision for the business to potential biotech partners, investors, customers, business partners.
- Lead discussions with internal and external stakeholders.
- 10+ years of relevant biotech/pharma industry experience in a corporate strategy or business development role and with a strong background in science.
- We are looking for a person that brings a knowledge of next-generation biologics and an extensive network of relevant industry contacts.
- Demonstrated track record of negotiating and closing a wide range of business agreements including partnership, joint ventures, licensing agreements, co-promotions, strategic alliances and other types of corporate ventures.
- In-depth understanding of how business strategies and decisions impact financial, operational, and sales results.
- Strong leadership qualities and desire to grow and lead a team.
- Experience working across different R&D and delivery functions within an organization to meet customer demands.
- An approach that is hands-on, results oriented, and resourceful.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Huge plus (but not required):
- PhD or Masters Degree in science-related field.
We seek candidates with a passion for building a creative company culture that is collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to make a transformative impact to our industry. To be successful in this role, we look for passion in scientific innovation, adept business skills, and excitement about working in a dynamic startup environment. A demonstrable track record of success in functioning as part of a project team is essential. AbSci offers highly competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) with a generous company match.