Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
In the People Operations (PO) team, we propel this mission by helping to create the most effective team of GMO engineers the world has ever seen. Ginkgoneans are free to unleash their creative energies on engineering biology because we create a vibrant, supportive, and flexible environment where they can thrive. We are honored to be a trusted partner and resource for all of Ginkgo, and are working to construct a nimble recruitment pipeline that accelerates growth and enables strategic initiatives to take flight. We are looking for a senior leader in Talent Acquisition to help us attract and mobilize talent to Ginkgo.
In this role, you will:
- Build talent pipelines to help us find the next members of our community.
- Develop and lead strategies for sourcing excellent candidates.
- Establish strong partnerships with colleges, conferences, external recruiters, job boards and software vendors.
- Orchestrate all stages of candidate experience–including application, interviews, communication, and hiring– to be an energizing experience for all involved.
- Work with our Creative team to build and broadcast an authentic and compelling employer brand.
- Devise a strategy for recruitment events to build our brand and drive awareness.
- Work with the Diversity Council to help Ginkgo become an ever-more diverse, vibrant, and inclusive ecosystem.
- Assist company leaders in forecasting hiring needs based on our vision for Ginkgo 2020 and beyond.
- Prepare and oversee an annual recruitment budget.
- Manage our growing recruiting team, bringing out the best in each team member.
- Geek out on recruitment analytics, using them to understand and evolve our approach to recruiting at Ginkgo.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- You have either worked extensively with scientists and engineers, or you have an educational background in science or engineering. This allows you to understand the distinctions between different roles and needs at Ginkgo, and find the right candidates for the right roles.
- You have 5+ years of recruiting or HR-related experience, preferably with at least three years of managerial experience.
- You have experience managing full-cycle recruiting and employer branding initiatives.
- You have a strong understanding of sourcing techniques and tools (e.g. social networks), and hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and HR databases.
- You are highly adaptable to changing priorities and can adeptly pivot to meet emerging business needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Your curiosity for new approaches and outlooks allows you to tailor your industry knowledge to create bespoke offerings that match Ginkgo’s culture.
- You are great at diagnosing problems using your critical thinking skills and driving innovative solutions.
- You are a strong communicator and are able to convey complex topics simply, clearly, and effectively to a diverse audience.
- You are devoted to mentoring and growing team members in order to bring out their best selves.
- You have a strong passion and drive for Ginkgo’s mission.
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.