Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
We’re looking for a stellar financial professional to oversee our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function. Reporting directly to our Head of Finance, the Director of FP&A will develop and implement the enterprise-wide FP&A processes and systems. This role will be critical to Ginkgo’s continued growth by serving as the partner to members of the organization to assist in making operational, financial, and strategic decisions.
From your experience as an accounting leader, your insights will help drive strategic decision-making to ensure that short, medium, and long-term goals are achieved. Plus, your passion for science and technology, combined with your experience in the industry, allow you to thrive in fast-paced environments and work effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Execute all financial planning, analysis, and reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Business Development and M&A teams as necessary
- Oversee and lead the annual budget and planning process, administer and review all financials plans and reporting of financial status to stakeholders
- Establish and maintain an understanding of Ginkgo’s financial models, business strategies, and complex transactions
- Collaborate with Finance team and executive leadership to develop a strategy to assess, implement, and update FP&A processes and systems that will deliver improved business information in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the end-to-end monthly closing process, as well as the preparation of reporting packages for executive leadership and the Board
- Develop cross-functional processes that improve the efficiency and timeliness of financial reporting and support Ginkgo’s continued growth
- Execute on special projects, as needed
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 7+ years of finance, operations, and/or business information systems experience, with at least five of those years in the life sciences and/or biotech industries
- Prior experience within a startup environment strongly preferred
- Ability to design and implement new strategies and processes
- Superb analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively work with executive leadership and cross-functional teams throughout the company
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated commitment, self-motivation, and drive
- Enthusiasm about being a part of Ginkgo’s mission
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.