Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
Ginkgo is seeking a highly motivated Director of Corporate Strategy. You will have a central role, working in partnership with executive leadership, to influence the direction of Ginkgo’s rapidly expanding operations. You must be a generalist who can work on whatever is the most important and impactful project at any time. Projects could include fundraising, acquisitions, investments, spin-outs, and joint ventures.
- Due diligence in support of transactions
- Deal execution from sourcing, negotiation, and closing
- Help set the strategic direction for the company
- Work across teams to ensure all parts of the organizations are aligned
- Support data tracking, analysis, and modeling of operations to enable informed decision making
- PhD or equivalent industrial experience in synthetic biology, life sciences, or related field
- 5+ years experience in consulting, M&A, investment bank, or corporate strategy
- Experience with complex deal structures
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with financial modeling and analysis
- Strong data driven analytical skills
- Enthusiasm about advancing Ginkgo’s mission to make biology easier to engineer
- Experience with working in a fast paced startup environment a plus
- Organized and good project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt quickly
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.