Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Director of Applications Development – Synthetic Biology located in Boulder, CO.
Inscripta is seeking a highly skilled, innovative, and experienced applicant to lead our Synthetic Biology team within the Applications Development group. The candidate will report to the Vice President, Applications Development, and will directly manage the Synthetic Biology team of scientists and researchers in a collaborative, dynamic R&D and commercial environment. The Synthetic Biology lead will be responsible for defining, implementing, and managing diverse projects in the Applications pipeline. This role requires working closely with the Product Development and the Commercial teams to deliver a cutting-edge genome engineering platform by being a strong voice of customer internally and supporting customers externally. We are looking for experienced candidates who exhibit technical leadership, work collaboratively in cross-functional teams, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and can deliver results to both internal and external stakeholders. This opportunity will provide significant influence over Inscripta’s technology development and implementation, the ability to directly influence market adoption, with high visibility both within and outside the organization.
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and direct management of the Synthetic Biology team in pursuit of project goals and individual career development.
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent for the Synthetic Biology team within the Applications Development group at Inscripta.
- Lead diverse application projects on the Inscripta platform and drive market adoption through publications and scientific presentations in conferences
- Build strong partnership with Product development, represent voice of customers, define relevant customer workflows and contribute to marketing requirement documents.
- Work closely with the Applications team contributing to strategic planning and successful delivery of internal applications and with external Key Opinion Leaders.
- Prepare and deliver high impact presentations for both internal and external audiences including at public conferences, product launches and roadshows.
- Be a thought leader on cutting-edge strain engineering technologies, approaches, and applications actively contributing to the Inscripta IP portfolio.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, genomics, systems biology or a related field.
- 7+ years of industry experience, spanning technical, managerial, and customer-facing roles.
- Extensive engineering of microbial hosts, with demonstrated technical expertise in molecular biology and microbiology fields, specifically in synthetic biology, strain engineering, and CRISPR technologies.
- Experience with genomics and NGS data sets.
- Strong patent/publication record and extensive public presentation experience.
- Proven innovator with a creative approach to problem-solving, troubleshooting, and applying cutting-edge technologies to strain engineering programs.
- A player-coach mindset who can lead the team from both the bench and the desk.
- Ability to structure, implement, and maintain experimental and project plans and timelines in a multidisciplinary research and business environment.
- A strong, collaborative, agile work-style consistent with the fast-paced and dynamic nature of life at a startup.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located within our Boulder, CO headquarters.