New England Biolabs produces and supplies recombinant and native enzyme reagents for the life science research, as well as providing solutions supporting genome editing, synthetic biology and next-generation sequencing. NEB also provides free access to research tools such as REBASE, InBASE, and Polbase.
Working as a member of the Applications and Product Development Department, this individual will assist with the commercialization of reagents and methods for DNA Assembly from proof of principle through product launch.
- Develop and optimize reporter/test systems for complex DNA assemblies.
- Evaluate novel formulations, additives, and enzymes to enhance assembly efficiency and fidelity.
- Evaluate compatibility with high throughput processes and applications.
- Serve as a liaison between Research and Production departments to develop and implement process improvements.
- Prepare technical literature to support Production and Marketing departments.
- Participate in web, phone, and live technical support and training.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field.
- Strong molecular biology bench skills with ability to process large sample sets.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects in a fast paced environment and bring projects to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to present scientific information to an audience with a wide spectrum of expertise.
- Demonstrated experience with homology-based methods (NEBuilder®, Gibson Assembly®) and Type IIS RE-based methods (Golden Gate, MoClo).
- Prior bench experience as part of a large synthetic biology effort.