Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease-free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Scientist or Associate Director of Data Science.
We are looking for a quantitative Scientist with extensive experience in data science & computational biology. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience conducting creative and independent research analyzing a broad range of public and internally generated datasets, with emphases on experimental design, pattern discovery, and predictive modeling.
- Design of high throughput, CRISPR based editing experiments using the Onyx™ Digital Genome Engineering Platform.
- Lead development of Knowledge Graph and machine learning based algorithms to establish useful relationships between many thousands of genetic, molecular and phenotypic entities, resulting in increased discovery rates for genome engineering applications.
- Discovery and elucidation of causal genetic factors in massively parallel genome editing experiments.
- Development of tools and reports that integrate genetics and functional genomics to drive new target prediction and summarizing the results in ways that enable effective decision making.
- Communicate ideas and results to other scientists.
- Create and deliver both internal & public presentations on use of the Onyx™ platform to enable rapid Forward Genome Engineering & Discovery.
- Develop new algorithms and maintain bioinformatics & data science pipelines.
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Genetics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field data science and/or computational biology. Preferably 10 years or more experience.
- Knowledge of biology, particularly in relation to microbial metabolic engineering and discovery.
- Hands-on experience in analysis of RNA-seq or microarrays, and other large-scale omics datasets.
- Strong quantitative skills and a background in statistical data analysis and machine learning.
- Experience in writing robust code in R or Python.
- Working knowledge of code repository best practices and distributed version control.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to convey complex computational results to colleagues from a wide range of life sciences backgrounds.
- Ability to work within a team, across functions (synthetic biology, analytical biochemistry, software, data science), and as an independent contributor, requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to efficiently execute against aggressive goals.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. The role can be remote, with regular travel to Pleasanton, CA and Boulder, CO.