Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world’s most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a world-class customer success team to drive commercialization of our product. You will be supporting a product that transforms how research teams work together. Core responsibilities of this role revolve around building a strong relationship with the customer and developing a deep understanding of their R&D process. You will leverage this to drive implementation, onboarding, and adoption of the Benchling platform.
- Manage post-sales activity through strong product knowledge, relationship-building, and project management.
- Act as a trusted advisor for new customers by guiding them through implementation and adoption.
- Understand customers’ scientific workflows and figure out how they can leverage Benchling to best meet their key business needs.
- Map customer journey, develop listening points, and standardize interactions for each point in journey.
- Discover customer pain points, advocate for them internally to influence product changes.
- Identify and work with sales on opportunities for account expansion.
- Develop and optimize enterprise training programs including written and video collateral.
- M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar field strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in a lab or research setting. You empathize with scientists and can quickly understand complicated scientific concepts.
- At least 2 years of prior of experience in client services or account management.
- Strong communication skills. You must be able to quickly and effectively connect with a range of industry stakeholders, including scientists, project leads, and executives.
- Outstanding self-starter approach with the ability to be successful given limited initial infrastructure.
- Curious, creative, and and tenacious. You should be excited to collaborate with customers as a thought partner.