Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist in Computational Biology located Boulder, CO.
The Department of Computational Sciences and Engineering works with diverse multi-disciplinary teams throughout Inscripta to address a number of genomic, proteomic, experimental design, and other relevant questions using mathematical modeling, simulation, data science, machine learning, and other computationally challenging techniques. We are looking for exceptional candidates to contribute to our editing cassette design software, automated analytical pipelines, and develop descriptive and predictive models for genomics datasets.
- Develop backend software to support our editing cassette design pipeline
- Contribute to data analysis within Inscripta.
- Contribute to the design and verification of primers and oligonucleotide sequences.
- Contribute to the design of experiments and improvement of Inscripta products.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or scientific area, such as computer science, engineering, biology, biochemistry, physics, or related fields. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience (or equivalent with advanced degree).
- Software development skills, including a working knowledge of version control systems, continuous integration processes, and Agile development techniques.
- Experience with machine learning techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of Python, C++, Java, or other advanced languages. Python and Java are strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with a broad range of bioinformatics software and algorithms, and experience using them on large data sets.
- Strong problem solving, statistical, and mathematical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Firm understanding of molecular biology, biophysics, and biochemistry is preferred.
- Experience with deployment to the cloud (e.g. AWS) is preferred.
- Experience with developing web-based front-end interface is preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, big data, and other data oriented technologies
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder, CO headquarters.