SHIFT: Part time with growth potential
Flex with the understanding that hours are based on the need to connect to multiple time zones and that core company hours are PST. Overlap required for team meetings
LOCATION: Virtual with event attendance as required
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development
START DATE: As soon as possible
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to BD@SynBioBeta.com
SUMMARY: The Assistant is responsible for support efforts including but not limited to the coordination of the activities of the business development department. The Assistant attends weekly meetings and sales update meetings as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Coordination to include but not limited to organizing meetings, scheduling, preparing emails for distribution, tracking tasks and recording action items
- Working with team to prepare budgets and proposals
- Formatting final proposal documents and ensuring they are presented in accordance with client stipulations
- Preparation of departmental data and reports
- Keep precise records of conversations with all clients and sponsors;
- Update the company database as required;
- Assist in preparing promotional material to advertise sales opportunities;
- Track member and non-member event attendance
- Professionally represent SynBioBeta at all times
- Previous business development experience preferred
- Experience with basic CRM functions required
- Project or data management skills would be a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly disposition
- Enjoy working within a team
- Strong time management skills and practices
- Willing and able to work flexible hours as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, continuous proactive skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General qualification requirements include: Ability to establish and master goals. Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Some college preferred and 3-4 years experience with increasing levels of responsibility in administrative roles. A reasonable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to effectively present information both electronically and in person and respond to questions from clients, customers and colleagues.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and totals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This position is suited to a self-motivated, professional person who can confidently work with a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds. Diplomacy, tact and a sense of humor are important to the success of this person. This position requires travel as dictated by the needs of the clients and attendance at conferences.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Excellent knowledge of a variety of sales and presentation software packages including Zoom, Google Docs, Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must. A minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute is expected. The successful candidate will have a willingness to learn new software systems.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and, activities may change at any time with or without notice.