Invaio Sciences, Inc. is a startup harnessing ingenuities found in nature, evolving our relationship with insects and taking a more mindful approach to agriculture in order to find solutions for pressing problems in food, its production, our health and the environment.
Using bleeding edge science and advanced technologies, Invaio is releasing the true power of nature. We are guided by six principles:
- Rooted in nature: Everything we enhance, create, or change we’ve learned from nature.
- Be optimistic: There are infinite possibilities in nature. Do not be bound by previous limitations and thinking of the past.
- Embrace risk: As unrelenting innovators we embrace risks that will solve the world’s biggest problems.
- Students of nature: Stay curious because nature always has something to teach us.
- Beyond the horizon: Look beyond what we do today from the view of tomorrow to understand true impacts. Do what’s right; not just efficient.
- All things connected: Living outside category silos allows us to reveal the connections that others cannot see.
Invaio Sciences, Inc., was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering, an early-stage life sciences innovation company. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of around 100 science-based companies, resulting in more than $30 billion in aggregate value, thousands of patents, and a pipeline of more than 50 clinical development programs.
Invaio is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, USA, with offices in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA; Basel, Switzerland; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Invaio is seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Bioprocess Engineer/Scientist to join us in developing a transformative platform for precision targeting in agricultural applications. The role will be responsible for designing and implementing new methods for microbial lab scale fermentation operations, particle isolation, purification, optimization, and analysis.
- Leading lab scale fermentation implementation and process development
- Developing and refining production and isolation techniques
- Assessing purity and concentration post isolation
- Analyzing particle size and content
- Identifying and developing ways to move from batch towards continuous bioprocessing
- Managing projects with vendors and CROs
- Scaling up existing lab scale isolation and purification processes
- Collaborating closely with other team members
- Troubleshooting and design of novel approaches
- PhD/M.S. in bioengineering, process engineering, chemical engineer, or a related discipline
- 3+ years industry experience
- Experience with microbial fermentation and bioreactors (BioFlo® 120 and 110) and BioCommand software required
- Experience with diverse downstream bioprocessing technologies
- Experience with TFF, ATF, depth filtration, dialysis, chromatography, microfluidics or other separation technologies
- Experience with large-scale microbial fermentation preferred
- Experience with agricultural applications preferred
- Execution-focused, team-oriented, and highly motivated, with strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative environment
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Invaio Sciences, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Invaio Sciences, Inc. or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Invaio’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Invaio Sciences, Inc., and Invaio will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.