Bioinnovation is a strategic technology focus for Cambridge Consultants as we pursue exciting and novel opportunities at the intersection of biology, engineering, and advanced computation.
We are looking for an outstanding mammalian / human cell biologist with a passion for cell therapies, regenerative medicine and single-cell multi-omics. You will lead development of our US biology capabilities to support sales and delivery of first-to-the-world processes, equipment and devices for our clients.
As a senior-level biologist, you will provide technical leadership to the delivery of technically complex multi-disciplinary programs with significant biology content.
You will apply your experience of hands-on cell biology to establish and grow our Boston-based biology lab capability, enabling a high value asset that can support the design, build, and test of biological systems in a rapid and cost-effective way. As we continue to grow, you will take a lead role in identifying and building new capabilities including supporting the growth of our global biology team.
As a key part of your role, you will provide impactful support to business development for the qualification, definition, and successful closure of new business opportunities. You will be active and visible in biology-focused professional networks and stay abreast of the rapidly changing landscape with a particular interest in specific areas: cell therapies, regenerative medicine, single cell omics, and spatial biology. You will proactively seek our new areas of interest for Cambridge Consultants and provide valuable expert input to our strategic direction and tactical planning.
This is a role with significant opportunity for impact as we seek ever higher value for our clients and new growth for our business.
DAY TO DAY:
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Collaborating with our global team of biologists, engineers, and designers to solve complex, multidisciplinary development challenges
- Providing expert scientific knowledge in mammalian cellular biology, molecular biology, and genetics to clients and Cambridge Consultants’ staff, particularly
- the application of engineering principles such as abstraction, characterization and standardisation to the design of biological systems
- control and modification of the functions and processes within cells
- the current methods and techniques used in the lab to characterize cells, nucleic acids, proteins, and metabolites
- Designing, performing and documenting hands-on biology experimental work in the lab
- Presenting the results and conclusions of experimental work to clients
- Interacting with clients to understand what they are trying to achieve in their biological systems and identifying how best to make them succeed
- Preparing technical content within project plans and proposals for tasks and deliverables focused on biological systems design and development
- Providing day-to-day oversight of the biology lab, ensuring robust protocols and procedures are implemented and appropriate tools and equipment are in place to make the lab efficient and effective
- Occasional travel as required to meet and engage with clients
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
You will be highly collaborative and enjoy working with a diverse set of people and skills from throughout our global organization. You will have an entrepreneurial mindset, looking for ways to build our capabilities, offerings, and technological know-how in support of evolving market needs.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- PhD in cell biology or a related field and 3-5 years experiences in the following:
- Experience culturing, modifying, and analyzing mammalian cells
- Experience in a commercial setting with a strong emphasis on technology development
CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High degree of hands on experience with assays / instrumentation / experimental technique
- Specific experience with cutting edge molecular analysis techniques, such as sequencing technologies and single cell analysis
- Knowledge of gene delivery technologies, including viral, non-viral, CRISPR, base editing
- Knowledge of omics landscape, including transcriptomics, metabolomics, epigenomics etc
- Experience of biology lab management (to BSL-2) including health and safety, permitting, etc
- Strong communication skills to both domain experts and non-experts
- Experience of project planning and cost estimating
- Experience working with hardware/software engineers in a product/process development environment
- Familiarity with computational biology, data, AI/ML and software tools for analysis/manipulation of large datasets
- Experience working in regulated product development and familiarity with development processes for therapeutics, medical devices, and or cGMP
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) are important concepts in the workplace and Cambridge Consultants Inc. is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, military service, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law. Cambridge Consultants Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions in accordance with applicable law.
- Choice of medical dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- 18 vacation days for full time employees
- Competitive base salary
- Pay for performance
- Profit share bonus plan based on company and individual performance
- 401K with discretionary company match
- Life Insurance
- Relocation assistance, if applicable