Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Bioinformatics Software Engineer which can be located in Pleasanton, California or Boulder, Colorado.
The Bioinformatics Software Engineer will be responsible for creating the software our customers will depend on to design and analyze libraries of thousands of precisely edited cells. You will be part of an incredibly talented team of software engineers and computational scientists, leveraging your Python skills to develop novel bioinformatics focused APIs and applications. Come work with us to build the software that will power a new era of genome engineering.
- Write the customer-facing code that enables our customers to construct cell libraries with thousands of uniquely edited genomes.
- Design and deploy new API servers to communicate with Inscripta’s Engineering Platform.
- Work with cloud platforms like AWS to deploy customer facing software stacks.
- Collaborate closely with a diverse group of scientists and engineers in a Scrum team.
- Ensure robust verification and validation of Inscripta’s code.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical or scientific area (e.g. computer science, engineering, biology, biochemistry, physics, or related fields).
- Familiarity with popular Python packages like pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn.
- Some experience with constructing unit and integration tests using packages like pytest and tox.
- A strong ethic of creating robust software design documentation.
- A strong interest in working with bioinformatics concepts is a must.
- Software development skills, including experience with version control systems like git and continuous integration processes.
Additional desired skillsets:
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs. Experience coding APIs using python is a plus.
- Familiarity with bioinformatics software, algorithms, and data formats
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS. Experience with Terraform is a plus.
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker. Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical problems effectively
- A strong work ethic for problem solving
- A desire to work collaboratively in a fast-moving software development team.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $80,000 to $130,000 per year. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. The role can work out of either location, but Pleasanton workers will travel regularly to Boulder, CO.